Pictures taken in August by Teri Hansen

Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Perfect Day

What a wonderful day we had today. Jessica's baptism was this morning and it was just perfect. She had so many great people there to support her and show her how loved she is. Grandma Anna made her the most beautiful dress and Grandma Helen made her a tote for her scriptures - which she has wanted so badly. We then came home and had lunch with everyone - I think we had about 40 people here. It was a peaceful, happy day.
I am so thankful for my sweet, beautiful daughter. I'm amazed that she is old enough to make and understand decisions for herself. She got a journal to record everything about today and she was so excited to fill it out. She even wrote her testimony and let me read it. I wish I had done this when I got baptized cause I really don't remember much about the day, sad huh? So, I hope this day will be a day she always remembers.

2 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Congratulations Jessica! We're proud of you. Very pretty dress. Aren't grandma's just the greatest?!

luvmy5boyscora said...

I am so glad it was such a perfect day! I love your dress Jessica and what a great idea for the journal. :)