Pictures taken in August by Teri Hansen

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Whew!

So, I have had a pretty crazy last few weeks. Mother's Day weekend I went down to Walla Walla to visit Coralee with the kids. We had a great time getting her settled in her beautiful new house but it was much too short of a visit. I wish we had more time. I miss having her just up the street. This summer will be weird without her, last year we were pretty much together the whole time. It sure was fun.

On Saturday when I left Coralee's I called Steve to tell him we were on our way. He didn't sound as excited as I thought he should have and when I asked if he wanted us to come home he said "sure". I told him he didn't sound very convincing. So, me being the way I am I stewed over that comment the whole way home and when I got home I told him I didn't feel very loved or wanted. He didn't really do much too convince me otherwise. (well, I guess he told me that he did love me and he was glad I came home. He just enjoyed his alone time. which, I totally understand) Then that night I had this dream about Mother's Day and we were at the church for some surprise luncheon thing. They had these bags on the tables with names on them and great qualities listed on them about the mom whose name was on the bag. So we went and found mine and sat down, then next thing I know Steve is gone and I go look for him and GET THIS - he was in the clerk's office - WORKING. I went in there and said "are you seriously working on Mother's Day?" and then I knocked him on the head. Pretty interesting dream, huh? Well he did make up for it Sunday morning, he made my favorite mother's day breakfast (orange rolls) with the kids and they had all made cards and little things for me. It was a great day and I did feel very loved. So there is a little insight into what a paranoid freak I can be:)

Thursday morning Ila woke up and said she had a sore in her throat and she was burning up - fever wise. So I gave her some Ibuprofen and hoped it would go away cause I was going to Boise on Friday. It seems like everytime I leave my kids someone gets horribly sick. So, I decide I better take her to the doctor in case it is strep throat. Well, it was not strep throat - it was worse - hand, foot and mouth disease. Her mouth was full of little sores - like canker sores. She had a high fever that didn't seem to go away much with the medicine. So, I called Steve and asked if he wanted me to reschedule my trip - Let me just tell you He is the best husband on earth - He said "no, you just go, you've had this planned it will be fine" So.... I went to Boise to visit Alisha and had another crazy busy weekend. We unpacked boxes, organized, decorated, and shopped like crazy. It felt like a big whirlwind, but it was fun. I came home last night to a family that really missed their mommy. Then today Ila woke up and said she felt better and "can even stick her tongue out all the way" then she showed me and anyone else we saw today. I could tell that she was well loved and that her every little demand was met this weekend. She expected that to continue today and so we had our struggles letting her know that life wasn't going to continue that way. I am so thankful for a mom and husband who were so willing to take care of her and love her through it all. - I think I owe them bigtime!

All is well now though. I'm just waiting to see if Jessica and Daniel are going to end up with that horrible disease. I sure hope not.

1 comment:

Smullin Family said...

How are your kids doing now? Hope they're better. Did Jess or Daniel ever come down with it?

Thanks again for all of your wonderful help. I really couldn't have done it without you. I hope you know how much I appreciate you. You're awesome! Love you, Alisha