I can't believe my baby is 2 years old. It sure has flown by. He still seems so young to me. Of course the fact that he doesn't talk could have something to do with that. Grandma Anna bought him the cutest farm animal book. There are big stuffed animal faces and he pushes them and they make their sound. He loved it. He also got some cool cars - you know how much he loves cars. He pretty much has a car in each hand most of the day.
He was scared of his cake though. On his first birthday he grabbed the candle and burned his finger, so as soon as I lit those candles and put them in front of him he wanted nothing to do with it. He did love eating the cake though - as long as someone fed him and he didn't have to touch it. He is so funny about touching food. If he gets anything on his hands while eating he cries. The doctor said it is a preemie thing but we are going to have the infant toddler program come work with him again. This time for his talking and the touching food thing. I sure hope it helps cause I really am tired of feeding him and I would like it if he talked....I think.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Daniel is 2!
Posted by
Krissi
at
6:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
What?! Daniel's two??? I can't believe it.
Have you taught Daniel any "baby signs"? That seemed to get me through until my kids learned to talk. I hate the stage where they are frustrated about commuincating and just scream for everything. When they get to that stage, I quickly start teaching them 1-word phrases or signs to communicate. I can't stand the screaming!
Happy Birthday Daniel!
Luckily, he can communicate pretty well. I have tried the sign language for a few words and he just won't do it. I think he is stubborn or just thinks he is funny. He has turned into a BIG tease, but he is pretty good about obeying when I tell him it's not funny and he needs to listen to mommy. So at least I don't have too much of the whining - I do remember that frustration with the girls. I just worry that he isn't really talking. He did yell Ila yesterday though. We were at swim lessons and I yelled "good job, Ila" and then he kept yelling (what sounded like) Ila. I'm sure he'll just start talking up a storm right before the developmental specialist comes to evaluate him:)
Of course he will...especially with his little stubborn streak. :o)
Post about swimming lessons. I didn't know that your girls were in swimming lessons. Cool.
We went to our neighborhood pool for the first time today. We FINALLY got our key yesterday. It was fun.
Hey you! Daniel is 2?? Wow. It seems like yesterday you were having him. He is so cute! I haven't talked to you forever. We have been gone to my parents. I am glad Jess is doing okay too.
Post a Comment