Pictures taken in August by Teri Hansen

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer


So far it has been a pretty fun summer. We went to the beach for the first time on Monday. That is always so much fun. I have told the kids we won't go as much this year though because of gas prices:( Maybe I need to rethink that...we'll see.

All the kids are in swim lessons. We have found the best teacher ever. We go once a week. It is an indoor pool and it is heated. It is sooo nice. Jessica earned her first ribbon on the third week by floating on her back for 1 minute. Ila is actually doing what she is asked by the teacher, meaning she puts her face in the water - which is a huge thing. She even opened her eyes under water this week. She doesn't do it for too long but the fact that she does everything the teacher asks is amazing. I'm doing a mommy and baby class with Daniel it's going...okay. A little slow but I'm told that is to be expected. The first week, he did pretty good, the next two weeks he whined at me the whole time. This last week, he whined some but he actually let go of me with his legs and let them float - he held onto my neck but let his but and legs float up the whole time. So, I think if we keep it up my kids will learn how to swim the right way. The teacher is simply amazing and she does it year round!!

Our ward 4th of July breakfast is tomorrow and can I just say I was just a little cranky about it yesterday. I found out last Monday that I was in charge of the food, when all year I have been thinking I was in charge of the flag ceremony. At the beginning of June I was also put in charge of an emergency preparedness fair that will happen on August 9th that we are inviting the entire population of our ward boundaries to. If you can imagine that - (we think it's about 3000 households) Needless to say I didn't really need to plan a breakfast for 300 people on top of that. So Steve got to experience my meltdown last night. It will all pass though and it will all turn out just fine - I keep reminding myself.

Ila starts summer school on Monday. We are so excited! She gets to ride the bus both ways!! I told her I would follow the bus on her first day and meet her teacher with her, so that should be fun. It will be for 5 weeks. I'm hoping it gets her through that break in period she has to go through so that when school starts in September she is ready to jump in the first day.

2 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Krissi,
I empathize with your crankiness and meltdown. I think if I were in your position I may feel the same way. Good luck tomorrow. Hope everything goes smoothly for you!
Love, Alisha

Richard, Ashley and Ben said...

Kristin, this is the cutest blog and so fitting that it looks like a scrapbook page. I love it and the pictures are beautiful, I especially love the first family one. I also could NOT believe those pics of Daniel as an infant and 1 year in his car seat! Yowza!