Pictures taken in August by Teri Hansen

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bargains

Thanks to Alisha I have been on the hunt for bargains!! Look at all this stuff I got today and guess how much I spent.....


Here's the breakdown of costs:
2 - Speed Stick deodorant $1.49 each = $2.98 (I got 2- $1 rewards with these)
1 - Dry Idea deodorant $2.29 -$2.00 coupon = $.29
1 - Colgate toothpaste $3.49 -$2.50 Walgreen's coupon & $.75 coupon = $.24
2 - Sweetart jelly beans $3.00 -$1 coupon = $2.00
4 - Cadbury eggs $2.76 -$.38 Walgreen's coupon & $2 reward from deodorant = free (I gave 2 of these to my mom that's why they aren't in the picture)
1 - Diapers $4.50 - $2 Walgreen's coupon & $2.50 rewards = free
2 - Ibuprofen $2.00 -$2.00 rewards = free
2 - Coconut Hershey Kisses $5.00 -$1.00 Walgreen's coupon & $4.00 rewards = free
2- Vanity Fair dinner napkins on clearance for $1.50 -$1.50 rewards = free
Total merchandise $5.51 + $1.49 tax = $7.00 out of pocket (You have to pay tax on the price before coupons)

The $10 in rewards I used were a Huggies reward I earned last week (which was another totally awesome deal I didn't blog about)

So much fun!! My favorite sites I have been getting ideas from are:
www.becentsable.net
www.dealseekingmom.com
frugal4abusylife.com
www.frugallivingnw.com
www.moneysavingmom.com

These sites are so cool. They think of all the best scenarios with links to printable coupons and blog about them. Steve showed me how to set up my google reader so all I have to do is check that and then I don't have to click on each individual site. It's pretty cool.

1 comment:

Smullin Family said...

Way to go...I'm so proud of you! I love it..it's so much fun.

Tell me how you do that Google thing..I don't understand.