Pictures taken in August by Teri Hansen

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dinner

You all know about my dinner group, right? Well, tonight was Teri's turn to cook. When she dropped dinner off she said "Sorry, I forgot the no fish rule and I made sushi. There is also a chocolate berry pie for dessert." I told her it would be fine cause her dinners always are. Of course Jessica heard sushi and instantly started whining about not wanting to eat sushi. So, I took a peek at it and noticed it was made with rice krispies and I thought that's interesting, then I took a closer look at the fish and noticed they were kind of clear jelly looking things and thought maybe they were fish eggs or something and then I noticed they were wrapped in fruit-by-the-foot and then it dawned on me that it was a joke. I had totally forgotten it was April Fool's Day. Teri is so clever!!


I couldn't wait to see what the "pie" was. It turned out to be meatloaf with mashed potatoes on top.


It was all very yummy and the kids had fun eating it. When Jessica told Steve we were having sushi for dinner you should have seen the look on his face. She was just a little too excited about it though so he knew it was a joke right away.

2 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Good job Teri! I've always wanted to make those 2 things for April Fools. How fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your family enjoyed it. I was a little nervous when I dropped it off.